Super Mario RPG Remake

Num7

Staff member
Have you heard of it? They're about to release a remake of Super Mario RPG on the Switch. It's the old SNES, remastered. It looks and sounds amazing!

Looks like dad found his Christmas present.

I loved the original - Probably the first RPG game I ever played. This is one of the ones I rented from Blockbuster a bunch, we never owned it.

The new one looks beautiful :eek:

Never owned it either. It was also my first experience of turn by turn combat mechanics and RPGs in general. Quite the learning curve when you're 9, but it was worth it.

Man, such good memories. It was a magnificent adventure.

It found that sweet spot between platformer and narrative-driven RPG, like nothing I'd ever seen before (but I was 13 so what do I know). The humor and "have fun" tone is what kept me glued to the screen; not too many experiences give that to you these days.

Geno and Mallow were awesome, whimsical and engaging. Over two decades later, and it still holds a special place in my heart. It's one of those games that never gets old, no matter how many years pass.

I agree the tone of the game was absolutely spot on. It was a perfect flavor of fun, so true.

Did you actually beat the game back then? I don't think I have, to be honest. I might have beat it later on an emulator. But not on the cartridge as a kid. Well, as far as I can remember.

I want to and I will, I've just been too busy with work and some of the dev stuff you've seen in chats. Have you tried it?